SUNBURY - A Shamokin man accused of injuring two police officers and a resident after committing a burglary in 2012 was sentenced Wednesday to 11 1/2 to 23 months in state prison.

In addition to the jail time, Kenneth Scott Salmon, 47, who is currently an inmate at SCI-Coal Township, also was ordered by Senior Judge Lawrence Clark to pay $500 in fines plus costs after pleading guilty to a felony of criminal trespass and misdemeanor of resisting arrest.

Additional charges of aggravated assault, burglary, simple assault (two counts), criminal mischief and public drunkenness were not prosecuted under the plea agreement with the district attorney's office.

Salmon, who violated his state parole conditions by committing the offenses in Shamokin, will be extradited to Virginia, where he had served prison time on felony theft offenses.

The charges filed by Shamokin police relate to incidents May 24, 2002, that began at the home of William P. Gheen, 44, of 10 N. Marshall St.

Salmon, who was represented by Attorney Edward J. Rymza, of Williamsport, is accused of punching Gheen in the face and kicking him, and grabbing Lorie Thomas, 46, of 15 N. Grant St., Shamokin, by the throat and pushing her aside after yelling a racial slur at them. Police said Gheen suffered extensive facial injuries and was transported to Geisinger-Shamokin Area Community Hospital.

Salmon was seen walking with Richard J. White, 26, of 582 W. Spruce St., Shamokin, and a dog at Water and Eighth streets.

Patrolman Nathan Rhodes stopped both men to discuss the Marshall Street incident.

Rhodes searched Salmon, informing him he was being taken into custody for assault. Salmon then pulled away from Rhodes before being handcuffed and began fighting with Rhodes, then Cpl. John Brown and probation officers, who were assisting at the scene.

Salmon continued to resist arrest and kicked Rhodes in the face, injuring his jaw. Brown also suffered a knee injury during the altercation.

Police said Salmon kicked the window and bent the door frame when he was in the back of the cruiser.

Rhodes used a Taser gun to stun Salmon.

While Rhodes' back was turned, White charged at the officer, but was quickly tackled to the ground by probation officers. White continued to resist arrest.

Northumberland County Adult Probation Officer Dan Shoop was assaulted by White and injured, but did not require hospital treatment, police said.

Rhodes and Brown underwent emergency room treatment at Geisinger-Shamokin Area Community Hospital before being released.

White was charged by Rhodes with aggravated assault, simple assault, public drunkenness, resisting arrest and obstructing administration of the law for his role in the melee.