Rotarians rally together for hurricane relief
The Mount Carmel Rotary, along with Shamokin, Elysburg, Sunbury and other other groups is preparing a huge effort to fill a 53-foot tractor trailer with goods for Hurricane Sandy victims. Karpinski Truckin, in Sunbury, will be making the delivery.
Items being accepted and drop off sites are as follows:
- Soap and detergents
- Scrub brushes
- Plastic trash bags (heavy gauge)
- Baby supplies
- Baby wipes
- Baby formula
- Canned food
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Canned veggies/fruit
- Ensure or equivalent
- Non-perishable food items
(No Used Clothes for Ocean City N.J., area)
- Work gloves
- Winter hats
- New socks
- New underwear, men's, women's or children's
- New baby clothes
- Paper products
- Batteries, AA, C, D
- Pet food and supplies
- ZipLock bags
- Bar soaps
- Hand sanitizer
- Feminine products
- Bathing and dental products
- First aid items, peroxide, isopropyl alcohol, band aids etc.
Drop off sites
- Elysburg Rotary Club, contact Pam Yeager 570-274-6083.
- Mount Carmel Rotary Club:, contact Pam Konopka (267) 975-0240 or Frank Sawicki 339-4170.
- Mount Carmel Area High School, 600 W. Fifth St. (for student drop off only).
- Mount Carmel Area Public Library, 30 S. Oak St. Call 339-0703 or Pam Konopka' s phone 267-975-0240
- Pine Burr Inn, 70 E. State St, Route 61, Atlas, 339-3870, from noon until 5 p.m. daily.
- Shamokin Rotary Club, contact Judy Drumheller 644-0229 or Sherry Shebelski 648-4802.
- Bader's Furniture Store, corner of Sunbury and Liberty streets, Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunbury Rotary Club, contact Cheryl Beeler 286-9744.
- Degenstein Library, 40 West Fifth St., first floor, Sunbury, Monday and Thursday 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10 p.m. to 6 p.m.; Sat 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
When the trailer is full, items will be delivered to Church Of Grace and Peace in Toms River, N.J., to be distributed to those in need.