NATALIE - A Natalie man faces multiple charges including a felony of aggravated assault for allegedly punching his girlfriend's handicapped father and kicking him with steel-toe boots Monday morning at the defendant's home.

James M. Koronkiewicz, 32, of 128 S. Center St., is charged by Mount Carmel Township Patrolman David Stamets with aggravated assault, simple assault, harassment and recklessly endangering another person in connection with the disturbance that began at approximately 10:15 a.m.

He was arraigned Monday by Magisterial District Judge Hugh Jones and released on $50,000 unsecured bail. Kornokiewicz is scheduled to face a preliminary hearing on the charges Oct. 30.

According to a criminal complaint, Koronkiewicz ran into the house screaming and went up the steps to the second floor, where he threw several items. Police said Koronkiewicz then entered the room of his 17-month-old son and grabbed the infant.

Sarah McGinley, who is Koronkiewicz's girlfriend and mother of the child, told police Koronkiewicz was under the influence of something and was in no condition to hold the baby.

She said Koronkiewicz then yelled at her father, Joseph E. McGinley Sr., of Kulpmont, who asked the defendant to put the child down.

Sarah McGinley told police Koronkiewicz ran down the steps and fell before punching her father, whom she said is disabled.

When Sarah McGinley attempted to pull her boyfriend off her father, Koronkiewicz allegedly shoved her, threw a wooden rocking chair at her and threw her onto a couch before continually kicking her father with steel-toe boots in the head, face, ribs, chest and back.

Police said Koronkiewicz fled the house through the front door when his girlfriend dialed 911 and was apprehended by Stamets and Mount Carmel Township Police Chief Brian Hollenbush in a wooded area approximately 20 yards from the residence.

Police said Joseph E. McGinley Sr., who reportedly was unconscious at one point, suffered multiple injuries and was transported by ambulance to Geisinger-Shamokin Area Community Hospital, where he underwent emergency room treatment before being released.