SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — A 13-year-old girl with a peanut allergy died after taking a bite of a treat at a family summer camp in Sacramento, Calif.

The El Dorado County Sheriff's Office tells the Sacramento Bee (http://bit.ly/14wBTHK ) that Natalie Giorgidied Saturday at Camp Sacramento after ingesting a Rice Krispies treat with peanuts, even after her parents administered multiple doses of medicine.

A family friend told the Bee that Giorgi spit out the treat right away after tasting peanuts.

She called her parents, who gave her a dose of Benadryl and monitored her.

Twenty minutes later she had trouble breathing. Her father, a doctor, administered an injection of epinephrine three times before she stopped breathing.

The sheriff's office cited laryngeal edema, or a swelling in the throat, as the cause of death.