Mount Carmel Township Board reorganizes
ATLAS - No changes were implemented at the Mount Carmel Township Board of Supervisors reorganization meeting Tuesday afternoon. Chairman Charles Gasperetti, Vice Chairman Reynold Scicchitano and Secretary/Treasurer Joseph Zanella retained their positions on the board by unanimous vote of 2-0.
Gasperetti, who has been chairman for the later half of 2012 after Scicchitano stepped down, was nominated by Scicchitano and Zanella as the chairman, and the motion passed 2-0, with Gasperetti abstaining.
Scicchitano was nominated by Zanella and Gasperetti as the vice chairman, and the motion passed 2-0, with Scicchitano abstaining.
Zanella was nominated by Scicchitano and Gasperetti as the secretery/treasurer, and the motion passed 2-0 with Zanella abstaining.
In other reorganization news:
- Gasperetti was appointed as the roadmaster.
- Attorney Vince Rovito was reappointed as legal counsell/solicitor.
- Brian Hollenbush was reappointed as police chief, fire marshal and administrator of the police pension fund.
- Don Geary was reappointed as code enforcement officer.
- John Buccanelli was reappointed as township engineer.
- Frank Amarose was reappointed as emergency management coordinator.
- Monthly meetings were approved for the third Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. in the township buildings. Workshop meetings are scheduled for the second Wednesday of every month at 2 p.m.