SUNBURY - A 17-year-old girl charged last week with making three bomb threats to Mount Carmel Area School District was adjudicated delinquent Friday on two felonies and two misdemeanors during a hearing before Northumberland County Judge Charles Saylor. Adjudicated in the juvenile court system is the equivalent of being found guilty in adult court.

Crystal Nicole Clark, of 106 N. Beech St., Mount Carmel, a freshman at Mount Carmel Area High School, who police said made the threats Oct. 9, was adjudicated on charges of terroristic threats, threats to use weapons of mass destruction, false alarms to public safety agencies and recklessly endangering another person. An additional count of threats to use weapons of mass destruction and charges of causing or risking a catastrophe and disorderly conduct were withdrawn.

The charges were filed by Mount Carmel Township Patrolman David Stamets Jr., who was assisted in the investigation by Mount Carmel Police Chief Todd Owens.

Northumberland County Chief Juvenile Probation Officer William Rossnock said Saylor will impose disposition, or sentencing, on Clark at 1:30 p.m. Oct. 30.

Clark, who remains in the Lycoming County Shelter Care Program in Montoursville, told police she made the threats because she wanted a day off school and didn't believe police would catch her.

The bomb scare forced the evacuation of approximately 1,800 students, teachers and staff.

Clark, who was taken into custody Oct. 10, allegedly made three phone calls within a four-minute period, stating, "There is a bomb in the school. Don't let nobody in the school."

According to police, Clark, who moved to Mount Carmel with her family about five months ago from Baltimore, Md., admitted to making the bomb threats during a 90-minute interview with police.