Light fixture causes minor fire in Marion Heights
MARION HEIGHTS - An electrical fire at a residence in the 300 block of Clermont Street Tuesday night pressed firefighters from three communities into service, but resulted in minor damage.
Marion Heights Fire Chief Ron Coroniti said a ceiling light in the basement recreation room at the home of Leo and Rose Finlan, of 300 Clermont St., shorted out at 7:05 p.m., causing a minor fire. Coroniti said Leo Finlan was able to extinguish the fire with an extinguisher before fire personnel arrived at the scene.
The fire chief said smoke filled the home, but no injuries occurred. He said the Finlans were able to return to their residence.
Coroniti said borough firefighters were holding a training session at the fire company when the call came in.
"We were there in about a minute because we were so close," Coronti said.
Assisting Coroniti at the scene were Marion Heights Assistant Fire Chief Reno Pupo, firefighters from Kulpmont and Atlas, Mount Carmel Area Rescue Squad and Mount Carmel Township Patrolman Kelly Campbell.
The scene was cleared at about 7:45 p.m.