Kindergarten sign-up at LM begins March 18 Parents need to schedule appointment in advance of registration date
MANDATA - Parents of prospective kindergarten students in Line Mountain School District can begin scheduling registration appointments for March.
Registration for the 2013-14 school year at Trevorton Elementary will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 18, and at Dalmatia Elementary from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 19. Registration will be by appointment only.
Students must be 5 years old prior to Sept. 1. Parent must accompany children registering for kindergarten in order to participate in the screening tests.
The school district recognizes that prospective kindergarten students start with a variety of experiences and different stages of development and growth. For these reasons, a series of assessment tools have been developed for use at registration.
The purpose of these assessments is not to determine academic progress or intelligence levels. Instead, they will provide educators with clear developmental levels and critical information to begin planning to meet the educational needs of the student.
To enroll a student, parents will need to bring their child's birth certificate, Social Security number and immunization records. If a birth certificate is unavailable, a baptismal certificate or transcript of the record of baptism duly certified and showing the date of birth may be used. Custody papers pertaining to a child also should be presented at this time. Proof of residency will be required.
Pennsylvania law requires the following immunizations to be completed before a student can be admitted to school:
- Four to five doses of DPT vaccine, the last dose being on or after the fourth birthday (DT vaccine is accepted if allergic to pertussis vaccine).
- Three properly spaced doses of the polio vaccine (fourth dose strongly advised).
- Two doses of the MMR vaccine, the first being on or after the first birthday.
- Three properly spaced doses of the hepatitis B vaccine.
- Two properly spaced doses of the varicella vaccine, the first being on or after the first birthday or history of disease.
To schedule an appointment for registration at Trevorton Elementary, call 797-3825. For an appointment at Dalmatia Elementary, call 758-6243.