SUNBURY - A 17-year-old Mount Carmel girl charged with making three bomb threats to Mount Carmel Area School District on Oct. 9 was ordered by a county judge Wednesday afternoon to be released from Lycoming County Shelter Program, attend the Pennsylvania Adolescent Treatment and Healing (PATH) program and perform 50 hours of community service.

Northumberland County Judge Charles Saylor imposed disposition or sentenced Crystal Nicole Clark, of 106 N. Beech St., who was adjudicated delinquent Oct. 12 on two felonies and two misdemeanors. Adjudicated in the juvenile court system is the equivalent of being found guilty in adult court.

Clark, who has undergone a full psychological evaluation and full social services assessment, also was placed on juvenile probation supervision and ordered to attend alternative education classes and comply with other juvenile probation requirements.

Clark was adjudicated delinquent by Saylor on charges of terroristic threats, threats to use weapons of mass destruction, false alarms to public safety agencies and recklessly endangering another person. An additional count of threats to use weapons of mass destruction and charges of causing or risking a catastrophe and disorderly conduct were withdrawn.

Clark was represented by county conflicts counselor John Broda, while Northumberland County District Attorney Tony Rosini prosecuted the case.

The charges were filed by Mount Carmel Township Patrolman David Stamets Jr., who was assisted in the investigation by Mount Carmel Police Chief Todd Owens.

Clark, who has been housed in Lycoming County Shelter Care Program in Montoursville since her arrest, told police she made the threats because she wanted a day off school and didn't believe police would catch her.

The bomb scare forced the evacuation of approximately 1,800 students, teachers and staff.

Clark, who was taken into custody Oct. 10, allegedly made three phone calls within a four-minute period, stating, "There is a bomb in the school. Don't let nobody in the school."

According to police, Clark, who moved to Mount Carmel with her family about five months ago from Baltimore, Md., admitted to making the bomb threats during a 90-minute interview with police.