Details of AOAA grand opening events
Here's what happening this weekend as part of the AOAA grand opening.
A ribbon-cutting will be held at 1 p.m. Speakers will be state Sen. John Gordner, state Reps. Kurt Masser and Lynda Schlegel Culver, Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) Secretary Ellen Ferretti, Northumberland county Commissioners, and representatives from local government and the state Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) and Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
An invitation-only tour ride will take place following the ribbon-cutting. The public is welcome to attend the ceremony as spectators.
Public grand opening with trails open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
These vendors are scheduled to be at the AOAA for Saturday's grand opening, and some on Sunday as well:
Yamaha Motor Corp.
Schreffler Equipment Inc.
R.E. Davidson & Son
Zimmerman Enterprises/Zimmerman Jeep
Geisinger Life Flight
Rec Rider Magazine
The Pennsylvania Off-Highway Vehicle Association
Newsradio 1070 WKOK
One Smart Cookie
Forest Hill Fire Company
Anthracite Trail Riders
- Yamaha will have a trailer filled with ATVs and side-by-sides. Demo rides will be available throughout the weekend. The company will also provide other activities, such as an inflatable bounce house for kids.
- One Smart Cookie will be catering on-site on Saturday and Sunday for the duration of the park's hours. Their menu will include: Homemade chili, chicken wings, turkey legs, assorted panini, homemade potato chips in assorted flavors,
side and garden salads, including strawberry and blueberry salads.
- Anthracite Trail Riders and the Forest Hill Fire Company will also have food stands.
- Forest Hill Fire Company will host a washdown station for muddy equipment.
- The AOAA will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- The park also recently announced that it will be open on holidays this summer as follows: Monday, May 26; Friday, July 4, and Monday, Sept. 1.