Furnace malfunction

TREVORTON - A faulty furnace caused a scare at Angie's Market along West Shamokin Street around 9 p.m. Monday.

A person called 911 and reported the sound of an "explosion" in the basement and said the building was filling with smoke. Firefighters determined that a furnace malfunction caused the sound. No damage to the building was reported.

Pickup stolen

COAL TOWNSHIP - Police are investigating the theft of a blue 1994 Chevrolet pickup from Shamokin Filler Plant.

The pickup was used as a welding vehicle and did not have a registration plate. It contained torches, a welder, welding leads, hand tools, an acetylene and oxygen tank.

The theft was reported Monday. Anyone with information is asked to call police at 570-644-0333.