Tire falls from SUV

BURNSIDE - Trisha Yeager, 17, of Shamokin, escaped injury Tuesday night when the driver's side front tire of the 1998 Ford Explorer she was driving fell off while she was traveling along Route 125.

Patrolman Matthew Hashuga reported Yeager said she attempted to apply her brakes but they weren't functioning properly, causing her to steer off the road onto the berm.

Criminal trespass

NEW CASTLE TOWNSHIP - Jonathan James Kintzel, 31, of Pottsville, has been charged by state police at Frackville with possessing a firearm while being a convicted felon and criminal trespass relating to an incident between 9 and 9:30 a.m. Tuesday in a wooded area owned by Reading Anthracite of Pottsville near Darkwater Road.

Police said Kintzel and an unidentified male were found in a truck on the property by security personnel from Reading Anthracite. The men were burning plastic from copper pieces of wiring, police said, and Kintzel was in possession of a firearm.

Police reported Kintzel was arraigned by Magisterial District Judge David Plachko and committed to Schuylkill County Prison in Pottsville in lieu of $15,000 bail.

Police said the other male has not been charged.

Coal stove taken

DORNSIFE - State police at Stonington are investigating the theft of a coal stove from the front porch of the residence of Chad Edward Keim, 42, of 454 Gobbler Run Road.

Police said the theft occurred between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Tuesday.


KULPMONT - Jamie Cousentino, 37, and John P. McGhee, 59, both of Kulpmont, were charged by state police at Stonington with harassment in connection with a disturbance at 562 Chestnut St., Apt. B., shortly after 3 a.m. Wednesday.

Police said Cousentino and McGhee became combative with each other during a verbal argument. Police said McGhee left the apartment prior to their arrival.

Truck hits pole

MOUNT CARMEL - Borough police were called to a report of a tractor-trailer hitting a utility pole at 9:10 a.m. Wednesday at Sixth and Orange streets.

No injuries or power outages were reported and the scene was cleared by 10 a.m.