Courthouse evacuated briefly Tuesday
SUNBURY - The Northumberland County Courthouse was evacuated briefly Tuesday morning after a natural gas leak was discovered.
An employee smelled the gas, which was found to be coming from a meter installed earlier this year near Market and Court streets, said Gary Steffen, chief clerk.
The leak was reported to Northumberland County 9-1-1 at 9:17 a.m. The streets surrounding the courthouse were closed as UGI gas employees fixed the meter.
The courthouse was reopened about 9:55 a.m.