Code violations: Saturday, February 9, 2013
MOUNT CARMEL - Borough Code Officer Robin Williams cited eight people for multiple ordinance violations:
- Gulzar Ali, 44, of 550 W. Third St., was cited Jan. 25 for two counts of property maintenance violations. Williams said Ali's home was unfit for human occupancy as it lacked heat and had electrical hazards, and also open burning within the structure, where he resides with his family.
- Melissa Aparicio, 34, of 46 N. Spruce St., was cited for two garbage violations Jan. 24 for failing to remove seven bags of garbage from a rear porch at her residence.
- George Atiyeh, P.O. Box 151, Mount Carmel, was cited Jan. 29 for failing to register a rental property, 220 S. Orange St., with the code department and also for renting that property without inspection or occupancy certificate.
- Jennifer Benner, 42, of 48 N. Spruce St., was cited Jan. 24 for a junkyard ordinance for failing to remove a large refuse pile and other items from a residence after she had moved out.
- Nicholas Bizzaro, 50, of 48 S. Vine St., was cited for a Dec. 19 incident in which 16 bags of garbage were found inside his residence.
- Dorothy A. Kogut, 68, of 36 S. Hickory St., was cited Jan. 28 for a garbage violation for failing to remove trash, household furniture and construction materials left in the back yard of a property she owns at 36 N. Hickory St.
- Stanley Oraczewski, of 417 E. Spruce St., Shamokin, was cited Jan. 17 for a garbage violation for failing to remove seven garbage bags and household furniture from the back yard of a property he owns at 47 N. Market St.
- Allison Thorpe, 31, of 33 N. Locust St., was cited Jan. 24 for a garbage violation after eight garbage bags were left behind in a residence she had moved out of.
All charges were filed at the office of Magisterial District Judge Hugh A. Jones.