Chief: Two fires in Mount Carmel ruled accidental
MOUNT CARMEL - Two recent fires in the borough have been ruled accidental.
Fire Chief Jack Williams Jr. reported on Tuesday that the two-alarm fire on Sept. 12 that affected properties in the 100 block of North Locust Street was electrical in nature.
Cpl. Nicholas Loffredo, of state police at Milton, investigated the blaze and found that the fire originated near a medicine cabinet on the second floor of 119 N. Locust St.
The home is owned by George Atiyeh, Williams said, and was occupied by five tenants - Joshua Casiano, 24; Taisha Candelario, 25; Fernando Lapaz, 22; Lynne Lasanta, 21, and Mason Casiano, 2.
Joshua Casiano, the only tenant in the home at the time of the fire, was uninjured.
On Aug. 31, a fire on East Seventh Street near the corner of South Apple Street destroyed a three-bay garage and three vehicles parked inside.
Williams said an investigation by state police revealed the fire originated near an electrical panel box.
The building, owned by Viola Bolick, was a total loss.