Bishop Schott Council to conduct annual 'Measure Up' campaign
MOUNT CARMEL - Bishop Lawrence F. Schott Council 628 Knights of Columbus will again take part in the "Measure Up" campaign. For 35 years, the Pennsylvania Knights campaign raised more than $6 million statewide to help persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
The Mount Carmel Knights will conduct the drive for The Arc after all Masses at Church of Our Lady Saturday, April 26, and Sunday, April 27, SS Peter and Paul Ukrainian Catholic Church Saturday, May 3, and Sunday, May 4, and Divine Redeemer Church Saturday, May 17, and Sunday, May 18.
In addition, a collection will be taken at the UNB Bank at Third and Oak streets from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 10.
Those wishing to "Measure Up" can send their donations to Bishop Lawrence F. Schott Council, 128 W. Third St., Mount Carmel 17851. Checks should be made out to the council.
The Arc is a national network of afffiliated nonprofit organizations of and for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Locally, residents of Northumberland County are serviced by The Arc, Susquehanna Valley, which also works with residents of Columbia, Monroe, Snyder and Union counties.
Of the funds raised each year, 75 percent stays in the county where is it raised. The other 25 percent is used by The Arc of Pennsylvania for its mission in Harrisburg.
Last year, the Bishop Schott Council raised more than $1,800 to help children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities lead productive and rewarding lives in their own communities.