Artley family holds 92nd annual reunion
CATAWISSA - The Jacob and Sarah J. (Miner) Artley 92nd annual reunion was held Aug. 31 at St. Paul's United Methodist Church Grove, with 72 relatives in attendance.
A delectable luncheon was served at noon followed by the family meeting and games for adults and children. An election of officers was held, the following officers named: Wendy Nocar, president and treasurer; Tiffany McAfee, vice president; Henry Miner, secretary and historian.
Prizes were awarded for the following categories:
- Traveled the furthest - Albert Carl of Houston, Texas
- Oldest attendee - Mrs. Marie Faust, 100 years old.
- Youngest Attendee - Emma Ziegler.
- Most grandchildren - Edward and Shirley Ker.
- Longest married - Mr. and Mrs. John Lees.
- Most recently married - Amer and Brandy Al-Fayadh.
- Least hair - Barry Faust.
Attendees came from Alabama, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, New Hampshire and Virginia.
The next reunion will be held Aug. 30, 2014, at the church grove, Catawissa RD.