MOUNT CARMEL - The teenage girl released from a juvenile shelter program last week after being charged with making bomb threats at Mount Carmel Area School District in October is back in custody after allegedly attacking her boyfriend with a knife.

Crystal Nicole Clark, 17, of 106 N. Beech St., was charged as an adult by Patrolman Matthew Dillman with two felony counts of aggravated assault, misdemeanors of simple assault and recklessly endangering another person, and a summary of harassment in connection with incidents that occurred between 1:47 and 3:30 p.m. Monday at 44 W. Second St.

Clark is accused of entering the home of Dillon Pellegrino, who is reported as 23 or 24 years old, and punching him in the face,

causing him to suffer an abrasion. Police said Pellegrino's earring was ripped out of his right ear during the assault.

Police said Clark then went to the kitchen, grabbed a knife with an 8-inch blade and went after the victim upstairs, where Pellegrino had barricaded himself in a bedroom. Pellegrino told police Clark was able to get into his bedroom and began hitting him before being pulled off the victim by her mother, Stacey Brogan, and David Yates, who also lives in the residence. Yates told police he was able to grab the knife from Clark.

$75,000 bail

She was arraigned shortly before 6 p.m. Monday by on-call Magisterial District Judge Hugh Jones and committed to Northumberland County Prison in Sunbury in lieu of $75,000 cash bail. She is scheduled to appear for a preliminary hearing at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14, before Jones.

On Oct. 31, Clark was ordered by Northumberland County Judge Charles H. Saylor to be released from Lycoming County Shelter Program, attend the Pennsylvania Adolescent Treatment and Healing (PATH) program and perform 50 hours of community service after being adjudicated delinquent Oct. 12 on two felonies and two misdemeanors. Adjudicated in the juvenile court system is the equivalent of being found guilty in adult court.

Clark, who has undergone a psychological evaluation and social services assessment, also was placed on juvenile probation supervision and ordered to attend alternative education classes and comply with other juvenile probation requirements.

She was adjudicated delinquent by Saylor on charges of terroristic threats, threats to use weapons of mass destruction, false alarms to public safety agencies and recklessly endangering another person. An additional count of threats to use weapons of mass destruction and charges of causing or risking a catastrophe and disorderly conduct were withdrawn.

The charges were filed by Mount Carmel Township Patrolman David Stamets Jr., who was assisted in the investigation by Mount Carmel Police Chief Todd Owens.

Clark, who had been housed in Lycoming County Shelter Care Program in Montoursville since her arrest in Mount Carmel Township, told police she made the threats because she wanted a day off school and didn't believe police would catch her.

The Oct. 9 bomb scare forced the evacuation of approximately 1,800 students, teachers and staff.

Clark, who was taken into custody Oct. 10, allegedly made three phone calls within a four-minute period stating, "There is a bomb in the school. Don't let nobody in the school."

According to police, Clark moved to Mount Carmel with her family about six months ago from Baltimore, Md.